The Early Years Engagement Support (EYES) program helps children and families from our children’s services, who may be eligible to receive early intervention or support, into the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Working with families and agencies, we provide a holistic approach to the education and care of children and deliver tailored inclusion support plans. We provide educators and families with strategies for meeting each child’s needs.
We inform and guide you, and act as the conduit for agencies, community services and families. In doing so we aim to reduce acceptance times into the NDIS and for approval of the initial NDIS plan.
We also bridge the gap between agencies, services, families and educators to create supportive learning environments that meet each child’s needs.
How we can support you
- Provide positive behaviour guidance strategies to you and educators if your child has additional needs and challenging behaviours.
- Help you establish collaborative relationships with community service organisations.
- Provide support for educational programs for your child with additional needs or challenging behaviours.
- Support you and educators to provide an inclusive learning environment.
- Help you understand the NDIS and its support packages.
- Help you navigate the NDIS’s processes.
- Identify services that meet your needs.
- Guide and support you with accessing external support agencies.
- Help coordinate health and medical connections to support NDIS eligibility.
- Help with resolving issues with getting accepted into the NDIS.
- Connect you, if eligible, to our NDIS Support Coordination team.
- Help you redevelop your goals before an NDIS plan review.
For our families and their children
- Support and connect families with children that may be eligible to receive early intervention or NDIS support.
- Help families understand the NDIS.
- Connect families with external agencies providing further support.
- Apply best practice principles and innovative thinking to meet each child’s needs.
- Deliver tailored inclusion support plans.
For our educators and early learning services
- Develop, implement and monitor the progress of inclusion support plans for children.
- Apply for, and manage funding for inclusion support in services.
- Guide educators with training and help source resources.
- Deliver supportive inclusion support to services, families and children.
- Connect educators and services with external agencies.
- Build productive partnerships with internal and external support agencies.
Funda and Maxine are supportive and with their help, we can better support children with special needs. Funda always listens to our concerns carefully and gives us constructive feedbacks. When she talks with the family, she is gentle and polite. Parents are happy to communicate with her. When we got several rejections from one of the child’s application, Maxine helped us to contact the service again and again. They try their best to support us educators.
I am the parent of two beautiful children who have been collectively enrolled at Mill Park Heights Childcare Centre and Kindergarten for several years. From the very beginning, it was clear to me that MPHCCC was a unique facility. The warmth of the staff who have become part of our family, the child centred approach, the curriculum and the genuine love and care for the children are some of the many factors that make this centre so great. Recently, the staff have been working alongside me as I navigate some of the behavioural challenges encountered in parenting my four-year-old. There is a commitment from staff to meet his needs whilst providing support to me. Notably, the assistance provided by the Early Years Engagement Support team in navigating the NDIS system has been so amazing. As a parent who is feeling the effects of burn out, having this assistance and support has been very helpful. The team has relieved a lot of pressure and stress that would otherwise be shouldered solely by the parent. Thank you to the Y and the team at MPHCCC for taking such wonderful care of children and parents alike. Your compassion and dedication to your work is remarkable, an invaluable gift to parents and the upcoming generation.
Thanks again for your kindness and help with everything.
EYES has not only helped my son but our whole family, we have been provided with consistent services, information and support. Our overall experience has been exceptional. Thank you.
The service gave as much time as was needed. I never felt rushed during a phone call, every email was answered, every question was treated as important and I felt highly valued and supported.
We haven’t had the experience in this service (NDIS) before and staff helped a lot to get the base knowledge (specially Maxine Vu) Helped to apply for NDIS in timely manner, and following up and helping to find speech and OT services.