The Early Years Engagement Support (EYES) program assists children and families from our children’s services who may be eligible to receive early intervention or NDIS support into the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
In partnership with families and agencies we provide a holistic approach to education and care for children and deliver tailored inclusion support plans, and guide educators and families with strategies for the best interest of each child’s individual needs.
Our role is to work together with you to inform, provided guidance and to be a conduit for agencies, community services and families to reduce acceptance times into the NDIS and for the initial NDIS Plans in a safe and supportive way.
We also guide our educators in the process to create supportive learning environments to meet each child’s individual needs, with a view of bridging the gap between agencies, services, families and educators.
How we can support you
- Provide positive behaviour guidance strategies to families and educators for children with additional needs and/or challenging behaviours
- Assist families to establish collaborative relationships with community service organisations
- Provide support for educational programs for children with additional needs or challenging behaviours in consultation with children, families and relevant support agencies
- Support families and educators with providing inclusive learning environments
- Assist with understanding the NDIS and its support packages and navigation through the process
- Identify services that meet your individual needs
- Provide guidance and support with accessing external support agencies
- Help coordinate health and medical connections to support NDIS eligibility
- Work with you to help resolve points of crisis getting into the NDIS
- Connect you to our NDIS Support Coordination team once eligible to receive this service
- Re-develop your goals prior to a NDIS plan review
For our Families and children
- To support and connect families with children that may be eligible to receive early intervention or NDIS support
- Help families understand the NDIS and Pre NDIS
- Connect families with external agencies creating further support
- Increase Independence in NDIS
- Keep abreast of best practice principles and innovate thinking to meet children’s individual needs
- Deliver tailored inclusion support plans
For our Educators and Early Learning Services
- To develop, implement and monitor progress of inclusion support plans for children
- Apply and manage funding for inclusion support in services
- Provide guidance to educators with training and help source resources
- Deliver supportive inclusion support to services, families and children
- Connect educators and services with external agencies
- Build productive partnerships with internal and external support agencies
Funda and Maxine are supportive and with their help, we can better support children with special needs. Funda always listens to our concerns carefully and gives us constructive feedbacks. When she talks with the family, she is gentle and polite. Parents are happy to communicate with her. When we got several rejections from one of the child’s application, Maxine helped us to contact the service again and again. They try their best to support us educators.