The Early Years Engagement Support (EYES) program assists children and families from our children’s services who may be eligible to receive early intervention or NDIS support into the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
In partnership with families and agencies we provide a holistic approach to education and care for children and deliver tailored inclusion support plans, and guide educators and families with strategies for the best interest of each child’s individual needs.
Our role is to work together with you to inform, provided guidance and to be a conduit for agencies, community services and families to reduce acceptance times into the NDIS and for the initial NDIS Plans in a safe and supportive way.
We also guide our educators in the process to create supportive learning environments to meet each child’s individual needs, with a view of bridging the gap between agencies, services, families and educators.
How we can support you
- Provide positive behaviour guidance strategies to families and educators for children with additional needs and/or challenging behaviours
- Assist families to establish collaborative relationships with community service organisations
- Provide support for educational programs for children with additional needs or challenging behaviours in consultation with children, families and relevant support agencies
- Support families and educators with providing inclusive learning environments
- Assist with understanding the NDIS and its support packages and navigation through the process
- Identify services that meet your individual needs
- Provide guidance and support with accessing external support agencies
- Help coordinate health and medical connections to support NDIS eligibility
- Work with you to help resolve points of crisis getting into the NDIS
- Connect you to our NDIS Support Coordination team once eligible to receive this service
- Re-develop your goals prior to a NDIS plan review
For our Families and children
- To support and connect families with children that may be eligible to receive early intervention or NDIS support
- Help families understand the NDIS and Pre NDIS
- Connect families with external agencies creating further support
- Increase Independence in NDIS
- Keep abreast of best practice principles and innovate thinking to meet children’s individual needs
- Deliver tailored inclusion support plans
For our Educators and Early Learning Services
- To develop, implement and monitor progress of inclusion support plans for children
- Apply and manage funding for inclusion support in services
- Provide guidance to educators with training and help source resources
- Deliver supportive inclusion support to services, families and children
- Connect educators and services with external agencies
- Build productive partnerships with internal and external support agencies
Funda and Maxine are supportive and with their help, we can better support children with special needs. Funda always listens to our concerns carefully and gives us constructive feedbacks. When she talks with the family, she is gentle and polite. Parents are happy to communicate with her. When we got several rejections from one of the child’s application, Maxine helped us to contact the service again and again. They try their best to support us educators.
I am the parent of two beautiful children who have been collectively enrolled at Mill Park Heights Childcare Centre and Kindergarten for several years. From the very beginning, it was clear to me that MPHCCC was a unique facility. The warmth of the staff who have become part of our family, the child centred approach, the curriculum and the genuine love and care for the children are some of the many factors that make this centre so great. Recently, the staff have been working alongside me as I navigate some of the behavioural challenges encountered in parenting my four-year-old. There is a commitment from staff to meet his needs whilst providing support to me. Notably, the assistance provided by the Early Years Engagement Support team in navigating the NDIS system has been so amazing. As a parent who is feeling the effects of burn out, having this assistance and support has been very helpful. The team has relieved a lot of pressure and stress that would otherwise be shouldered solely by the parent. Thank you to the Y and the team at MPHCCC for taking such wonderful care of children and parents alike. Your compassion and dedication to your work is remarkable, an invaluable gift to parents and the upcoming generation.
Thanks again for your kindness and help with everything.
EYES has not only helped my son but our whole family, we have been provided with consistent services, information and support. Our overall experience has been exceptional. Thank you.
The service gave as much time as was needed. I never felt rushed during a phone call, every email was answered, every question was treated as important and I felt highly valued and supported.
We haven’t had the experience in this service (NDIS) before and staff helped a lot to get the base knowledge (specially Maxine Vu) Helped to apply for NDIS in timely manner, and following up and helping to find speech and OT services.