At the WhiSKHA Child program, Children are given the opportunity to enjoy and experience the excitement of planned activities, develop skills, interact socially, achieve goals and meet personal challenges in a safe and stimulating environment.
A program schedule of activities has been provided as a guide, but will remain flexible according to the needs, abilities and interest of the children attending on the day.
Cost: *$50.00 per child, per day
*NDIS fees apply in addition to our daily program fee.
Time: Program Opens at 8:30am and closes at 5:00pm
Meet: Mill Park Baptist Church, 11 Morang Drive, Mill Park.
Participants wishing to enrol in the WhiSKHA Child program are required to meet the following selection criteria:
• The child currently holds an NDIS package
• The child is attending primary school
• The child has support low or high needs
• The child has up to date medical support plans (if applicable)
• The child has experienced past or present difficulties/ eligibility issues in accessing mainstream holiday programs
What to bring
- Children are encouraged to wear appropriate footwear and clothing according to the weather and activities planned for the day. Please ensure that there are sufficient changes of clothes in your child’s bag to last he day.
- YMCA Whittlesea supports the ‘Sun Smart Policy’. It is a requirement that hats are bought each day of the program. Sunscreen will be provided by staff on the day.
- Children are required to bring their own labelled snacks, lunch and drinks. Please ensure that all food or drink bought into the program do not contain any nut products.
- The NUT FREE policy will be strictly adhered to.
- Please note that although we do our best to ensure all belongings are returned home, any property brought onto the program is at own risk. Please ensure your childs name is on all items. No reimbursement will occur if any property is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Please refrain from bringing any electronic devices to the program. Any devices that are taken on the program is at risk of being broken, stolen or lost.
Please ensure any medication that requires administering throughout the day is also given to the staff- no medication should be left in a child’s bag.
All medication must be supplied in a webster pack. Please discuss any allergies or reactions to certain foods, along with all medical information (i.e. Asthma, Epilepsy or Anaphylaxis) with the Disability Services Team.
Experienced and qualified staff supervise and are there for the children on a 1:1 basis based on the child’s needs. Additional support staff can be provided for participants with higher support needs.
How to book
Step 1: Complete and return attached application form via email to email@example.com
Step 2: Confirmation of enrolment will be provided prior to program commencing.
Step 3: Payment for the program will be required to secure your booking.
NDIS fees apply for those with an approved plan in addition to daily program fee of $50 for non NDIS related expenses.
Participants are required to be on the program for a minimum of 7 hours per day. Daily program fee must be made two weeks prior to program commencing to ensure your place is secure. All payments can be made at Disability Services Office (Shop 7, 41-53 Miller Street, Epping 3076).
We are unable to provide refunds for non attendance once a booking has been processed. Please choose your required days of enrolment carefully.
LATE PICK UP DETAILS
Any person that is picked up or dropped off outside of program times will have additional NDIS fees applied while staff are required to continue support.